Monday, November 30, 2009

Lorenzo's and Sons

Being a former Philadelphia suburbanite, I was recently roaming the city of brotherly love questing for a hot slice. After catching a couple flicks I wandered down to South street, and the first place I hit was Lorenzo's and Sons.


What guy wouldn't stop in to a place with a sign like this:


...and what women in her right mind wouldn't be drawn in by this?:


Okay, the second sign is a bit odd, but L&S seems to have their marketing scheme down pretty well. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the pizza production skills. The slices at Lorenzo's and Son are without a doubt larger than usual, to the point where (and I've never seen this before) they feel compelled to fold the tip back on itself:


Strange, I know. I didn't get a picture of it, but the counter top has no pizzas on display (maybe the city's Dept. of Health has already gone to town), in fact they may only sell plain slices. Regardless, the pizza sucks. There was no discerning taste from the cheese, sauce or crust. Boring with a capital B. Just a block west of L&S is Jim's Steaks, one of Philly's best-respected cheese steak havens.


With the proximity of these two food establishments, it's not unusual to see someone eating a "Philly Taco." Yes, it sounds like some sort of immature sexual innuendo, but I assure you the real thing is grosser than imaginable:

(courtesy of Slashfood)

I know. You don't even have to say it. At least Lorenzo's pizza serves some purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails