Friday, February 5, 2010

Pizza Pazza

After cleaning our plates at Cancun's arguably best pizzera Rolandi, we decided to get an eyeful of the "clubbing" area that makes the city an infamous destination for spring break trips. I don't even know if it has a real name; we just called it Fiesta Zone for obvious reasons.


It's "sexylicious," can't you tell? Woof. I can't even imagine what this place is like in March. In an area so heavily populated by drinking establishments, wouldn't one think there needs to be a stop for drunken pizza?


Oh, there it is. Pizza Pazza. I don't really understand the name, but I know "paz" means "peace," so maybe this is Cancun's version of America's Peace a Pizza. What a strange... cart? Stand? I don't even know what to call that thing, but it has the cutest little gas deck oven I've ever seen. Since everything else had meat on it, I ordered a plan square:


Wow. Um... okay. I don't think this had any sauce on it, since there isn't any visible nor could I taste any. Let's be frank: this slice was disgusting. No flavor, just salt, and the smallest sprig of basil on Earth. It wasn't crispy, or gooey, or anything appetizing; it was floppy and flavorless.


It was however extremely hot, and since they serve it on wax paper instead of a plate, I looked like a street performer juggling the slice between my hands while occasionally taking a bite. The flavor (or lack thereof) here represented my feelings on the surrounding area: tacky, overpriced, and tasteless.

Hey, they can't all be winners, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails